Saturday, February 12, 2011

Decision Making and Problem Solving

One topic in the readings that I found interesting was the portion of Decision making and problem solving.
I will take example from a a situation in my own life and try and incorporate the reading into my pattern of problem solving.

The text says first we should define the goal: My goal is to rid myself to people in my life that use and abuse my sympathy and concern to benefit their own twisted sense of self due.

Second we examine the constraints that prevent us from reaching our goal:The constraints that prevent me from achieving my goal are; My inability to reach my breaking point with people, and my inability to hold my ground when those around me crumble.

Third we consider the possible alternatives: In my situation the only possible alternative would be the disregard of my feelings and the logical conclusions I have come to from conversations with others and personal introspection.

Fourth we make the initial decision after considering alternatives: After contemplating on my predicament I think that the only option I have is to eliminate the area of stress and strife before me by holding my ground and doing that I believe is the most beneficial scenario for my life (present and future).

Fifth we develop a plan of action to implement the decision: My plan of action is to not be corrupted by any outside source and to be happy with my decision so I don't waver in my plan.

Sixth we take the final step and evaluate the results and consequences: In my scenario I can step back and contemplate my decision and feel stoic that my choice will benefit my life in the positive. By doing what I think is best regardless of what others think I know I am giving myself a better opportunity for my future.

If you can pinpoint and eliminate the problems in your life by taking these six easy steps and give yourself the confidence to stick by your decision I feel anyone can live a stress free life with many personal joys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment