Friday, May 13, 2011

Group Observation Project

The group observation project is a very useful exercise. I think that the group observation project helped me to understand the underlying dynamics of small groups and how they function. The group observation project taught me that there are many levels of communication taking place, and that evaluation is by far the more complex position to undertake. I learned about different means of observing and giving feedback, and the different way to provide feedback to groups. I feel that the project as a whole is important and if I had to choose one good thing about the project it would be the ability to pick our own group to observe, and how wonderful it was to be able to choose a group to observe that could easily fit into my daily schedule. I was initially concerned that I would have trouble fitting the project into my schedule because I have two jobs, but once I learned we could find our own group to observe with approval I was and still am very pleased. I am greatly pleased with the project and the procedure so I don't have any suggestions of change or areas that could benefit from suggestion. I may however suggest an additional idea that if individuals from the class wanted to post their papers for peer review I feel we may benefit from each others ideas and writing from the assignment. Overall I was very pleased with the project and I think the length of time we had to prep and complete the project made completion easier for myself and I in no way felt rushed during my research. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog and felt that you learned a lot from this project. I also liked that we were able to pick the group that we wanted to observe and felt that allowed for the assignment to be easier because it was enjoyable and fun to write. I thought that this project was also a good experience for us to be able to apply the concepts that we have learned from class especially in a class that is online, I was afraid that it would be too different from a regular class experience. Overall I agree with you and am happy that we are close to the end!

    ReplyDelete