Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lessons learned throughout the class

I honestly could write a fifty page paper about the things I have learned in this class. I have learned about the functions and roles of small groups which includes norms and group development phases. I have learned much about diversity and perspectives. In conjunction with another course I am taking I have learned a great deal about verbal and non verbal communication, but I also learned how important listening and feedback is to communication as well. My favorite thing about the class is the time we spent learning about decision making and problem solving and creativity within small groups which has helped me tremendously in regards to helping the children I work with make intelligent decisions about their conflicts. My least favorite thing about the class is having to wait twelve hours in between posts, but I do understand why we must wait, and why it is important to the learning environment. I don't have any tips for improvement for the course. I have taken many online courses at another institution, but this class so far has been a great pleasure, and I plan on keeping my blogspot after the course ends and continuing to post on it because I have found it to be a great outlet for my ideas without unnecessary criticism.

2 comments:

  1. I also learned a lot about diversity, which is a major role in any group. Listening and feedback is probably one of the most helpful things that I learned, and is quite essential when dealing with communication
    I agree that the least favorite thing would have to be the twelve hour time constraint, but it has not affected my view of the class in a negative way. Out of all the online classes this too would have to be one of my favorites. The posts allowed me to feel I was connected, and was a great way to share opinions and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post; I always find it interesting to see which topics other classmates found interesting as well. Because the class addressed so many different topics and issues it was hard for me to choose just one as well. Twelve hour post deadlines were a tough aspect of this class and I could not agree with you more. For me this was my first online class and my first blog, the internet aspect threw me at first as far as catching me of guard with posts, however I feel a little more internet savvy knowing how to have and run a blog.

    ReplyDelete