The concept of manipulative verbs is interesting to be and how just changing a word can change the effect on the meaning of the statement. for example the textbook gives examples on page 171-table 10.3. Some of these words are not common in my opinion and I have example of how I use these words in my life;
submerge-I use this word to describe aquarium pumps as opposed to underwater
subtract- I use this word as opposed to minus or less than when helping kids at work with math homework
invert- I use this word to explain how to put fish into bags without getting their fins stuck in the net
extrude- I use this word to describe how the majority of dry dogs foods are produced
In my life I use quite a few of these words to describe many things in a way that will give another alternative to understanding, and to demonstrate some form of eloquence when speaking to people. I now know there is many more words that are considered manipulative verbs, and I will implement these words into my communication.
No comments:
Post a Comment